– ½ tsp. turmeric
– ½ inch ginger, chopped
– ½ lemon
– ¼ tsp. black peppercorns
– 1 cinnamon stick
– ½ tsp. Manuka honey (optional)
– 2 cups of water
1. Add the water and spices into a sauce pan
2. Bring to boil over medium heat
3. Pour hot tea into two tea cups
4. Squeeze about one tsp. of lemon into each cup and stir
5. Add honey if required and enjoy!
The choice of spices have anti-bacterial, anti-viral and antiseptic properties and the ginger has a high vitamin C content which helps boost the immune system which is the body’s defense against infection. All of which combines to ensure this really is a super healthy hot drink!
The tea will also help with decongestion. So put your feet up and get comfortable with this healthy homemade tea and feel your body relax and heal!